Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Baltimore Book Festival

This past weekend I was at the Baltimore Book Festival talking about Hazardous Tales and drawing portraits. Here's the one picture I shot:


Pretty sweet hat, huh?

The festival was a lot of fun. Around 20-25 kids sat for portraits. I got to see authors Jessica Day George, Michael Buckley, Jonathan Auxier and, for about 30 seconds, Shannon Hale! I did a 30 minute presentation on One Dead Spy and Big Bad Ironclad then we sold out of all of my books (all but two Ironclads!) That's a good day!

I hope to go back again, it was a terrific festival--and I barely go to see Baltimore. They have the tall ship U.S.S. Constellation docked there and I really want to tour that baby. I only had a chance to sprint past. Some day...

Tomorrow starts the Halloween material. I hope you like Frankenstein. Rick Walton will be providing daily HORRORSCOPES.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I felt really bad to miss it (I only got to go on Friday). I'm glad you had a good time and sold so many books! It is a great festival.