Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Picture Book Marathon Day 2

Day two's picture book is...


Tractor Troll

The local bridge troll sees a shiny red tractor from his spot under the bridge. Now he is no longer a bridge troll, he is a tractor troll. And nobody on the farm is safe.

This idea came from a conversation with fellow Picture Book Marathoner Jed Henry--you can see his daily book ideas here. He said he was using a list of nouns to help him come up with ideas. He gave me the example, "...tree, tractor, troll..." as a list of nouns. Tractor Troll was born!

12 comments:

Jed Henry said...

I love the raccoon tail! So mangy and troll-like! Look out, Gnome!

Brandon said...

I like it, makes me sad its not a book already. I want to see the rest of the pictures.

DaNae said...

I'm pretty sure that is one of my uncles.

Nathan said...

It just occurred to me that I should replace the gnome with a billy goat. The bridge troll's story had billy goats--not garden gnomes. May have to revise this one.

Charlie Pulsipher said...

Yes, a billy goat running in front of the tractor would be awesome!

Julie Olson said...

In honor of the new Gnomeo and Juliet movie? I like the gnome instead of a goat. But I'm sure you could make a goat just as funny. You're awesome.

I did a take on Goodnight Moon (freaky book) in honor of our email digest discussions.

Nathan said...

Looks great Julie!

Chris said...

I feel like either could work. The gnome is really cute and seems to fit the picture best. But it would also be fun to have the troll drive his tractor into the field that the billy goats gruff crossed the field to get to.

Myrna Foster said...

I love this. If you get it published, I'll read it to my students when I teach the letter "T." Pinky swear.

Myrna Foster said...

Seriously, I want it now. If you went the billy goat route, I could have the kids (pun intended) put on a 3 Billy Goats Gruff play and everything.

craveVSworld said...

Has someone been watching "David the Gnome?"

Mark Harmon said...

Tractor Troll. HAHA! I'd totally buy that!