Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Week of Failed Santas, Thursday

Technically, this should be a great Santa. After all, it's a mash-up of the two Christian holiday mascots. Instead, it is confusing, disorienting, even a little nauseating. I present to you:

The Christmas-ter Bunny.


If this thing ever came to my house, I don't care how many baskets of presents it was carrying, I would cower in fear. This is a bad, bad Santa.

In totally unrelated news, I saw Disney's TANGLED last night. People have been telling me how RAPUNZEL'S REVENGE was, "Totally ripped off" I was excited to go and see for myself. There are a few similarities, sure. The one that killed me was how Rapunzel had only three books in her tower that she had to re-read--I think they were even the same size and color as our Rapunzel's tower books. Really, though, they did a fun, and totally different take on the fairy tale, and I really enjoyed it. It definitely does not fall into the "Rip-off" category. I do like to imagine that the Disney folks read RAPUNZEL'S REVENGE and borrowed a few things, just for fun.

Anyway, it was a cute movie and I recommend it to all RAPUNZEL'S REVENGE fans. If Disney does a sequel where Rapunzel and (the guy, forgot his name) go up against giants and beanstalks, then I'll call foul. In the mean time, go check out the movie--or, if you haven't, go pick up a copy of RAPUNZEL'S REVENGE--better yet, give a copy of the book to a TANGLED fan for Christmas. They'd totally dig it.

9 comments:

Enna Isilee said...

My family was saying the same thing about TANGLED. But really, I thought they were pretty different. First off, Rapunzel was a PRINCESS in this movie. Secondly, Mother Gothel was a HERMIT. And finally, Rapunzel wasn't kick-butt enough in the movie to be as cool as the RR Rapunzel.

Yup.

Q said...

Horrifying.

I really need to see Tangled.

Unknown said...

Totally agree- Tangled rocks!

Isaac Clarke said...

Words cannot express how AWESOME this rabbit is. I want a whole book about it.

Nathan said...

Holy smokes! Isaac Clarke--the same Isaac Clarke from the video game DEAD SPACE? Dude, I just pre-ordered your sequel. That game is my Christmas in January!

Chris said...

suggestion: SantaJAWS
duh..na...duh..na

Nathan said...

Chris, I've thought long and hard about Great White Santa Jaws. I think he falls into the same boat as Caveman Santa--meaning he would make a GOOD Santa book. If I was doing an underwater Christmas book, Great White would HAVE to be Santa.

I've toyed with Hammerhead Santa...but he didn't make the list either. Only tomorrow will tell the final failed Santa.

Anonymous said...

This bunny is not nearly as cute as Scriptimo (anyone remember "frollicky wollicky, wibbity wenzy!" I had that stuck in my head for days :D)

Nathan said...

Good grief! I forgot about Scriptimo!